So December has come and gone and if you feel anything like me, then its time for a detox to get your body realigned. So you’ve probably heard about the magical elixir that is green tea
. Its jam packed with super amounts of anti-oxidants, vitamins and general uber goodness that has gym bunnies and health conscious folk alike talking.
So what’s it all about?
Release the health hulk: Matcha green tea
- Helps to shred that belly: The anti-oxidant features of the tea help speed up your metabolic rate, resulting in energy being burned, even when not active.
- Improves immunity: Keeps the sneezles away
- Super medicine: There have been reports that it can prevent and guard against certain cancers, arthritis, and diabetes
- Helps to get your 8 glasses a day in: green tea has been found to have similar re-hydration effects to our old friend H2O.
- Neurological: Has been shown to prevent degenerative and neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
You know that old saying that the greener your veggies the better they are for you? Well that’s pretty much the same with tea!
This super green powder is just awesome! And, there are so many delicious treats you can make with it. Think ice cream, smoothies, lattes, cupcakes… mmmh I could go on for days!
Plus, here’s the kicker… this magical stuff is equal to drinking about 10 cups of regular green tea. Its stone ground, so just a marvelous compact version. Matcha
has been tremendousy popular in Japan and is now being recognized for its amazing health benefits all through South Africa. Its especially renowned for its ability to aid in detox plans!
- Well it’s know to prevent cancer with its high levels of anti-oxidants named catechins, which seek out and find dangerous free radicals in your body.
- Its good for preventing diseases affecting your heart by lowering LDL cholesterol (the bad guy)
- Helps in burning fat by increasing thermogenesis from around 10% to 35 – 43%.
What are you waiting for? Nutritional overload!
We have a variety of green teas available here
, my personal favourite is the Moroccan Mint
. I often squeeze a drop of lemon into it as well, you’ve obviously heard of its many benefits and it gives the tea a fresh taste.
Enjoy your health journey and find always find peace within yourself with a relaxing cup of tea.